Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Supermarket Crawl in Kuala Lumpur

Wednesday, 10 January 2007

What I like about shopping in Kuala Lumpur is I can get more with the same amount I pay in Miri, not only in quantity and quality but also I have more choices to make. Some free gifts are only applicable in West Malaysia! It is not fair - you pay more for the same item in East Malaysia and yet no free gifts.

One con is too many choices that you end up spending hours at the supermarket! And that was what happened at TESCO last night - almost 3 hours!

I usually go to HERO supermarket, which is the nearest but wanted to experience a different atmosphere. I have been to JUSCO. I have been to CARREFOUR. I have been to GIANT. And for a change TESCO.

HERO is from Indonesia, JUSCO is from Japan, CARREFOUR is from France, GIANT is from United States and TESCO is from United Kingdom. Very interesting grocery retail outlets, it is fortunate that we get the feel of these international supermarkets right here in the capital city of Malaysia. TESCO even have their own packaging, competitively priced, compared to other brands.

.............Anyway, I am happy with what I could get in Miri.......don't have to waste too much time choosing...............just buy what is needed only.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew TESCO were getting big but I did not realise how big they have become. We use TESCO superdtore every week here in Aberdeen and we are about to get a new TESCO store in Ellon soon. Their products are very good and reasonably priced and that is what keeps them Number 1 in the UK. Do you get any UK foods in the TESCO store in Kuala Lumpur , Irene?

Irene said...

Sorry, I didn't get to see your comment until today. Must be the switch to the new blogger. It said I have 8 comments to be moderated.

Thank you for your comment. YES! The store sells UK food here.