Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Outside a Condominium in Kuala Lumpur

What do you see from the a top floor of a condominium in the middle of a bright sunny day?

As I looked in front of me, I saw an apartment building and if I was not wrong in my counting (trust my poor eyesight), there were 13 floors. I wondered if they call it 12A floor? 13th is known to be an unlucky number to the Europeans but the Chinese don't like "4" because it refers to "death" when said in Mandarin. So in some buildings the 4th floor is labelled as 3A and the 14th floor is labelled as 13A. Further into the horizon, on the hills, my eyes caught one of the buildings. It was colourful! Made the scene better!

Between the building in front and the one I was in, there were alwayss car parked on both sides of the road, making it difficult for the buses to make their U turns sometimes.

As I looked down in our compound, there was this nice swimming pool, adjoined with another tiny one for the babies.

It took me more than 2 weeks looking at it to gain confidence to swim there. I felt shy about the thought of swimming there with the residents looking down at me from their condos! I finally got fed up one morning, got into my swimming suit, grab a towel and went down to swim. Who cares if they see!! Afterall I can't see them because I would be swimming without my spectacles. And without my spectacles, I can't even make out a person's face!!


Went out of the condo to the corridor and looked out to one side of a balcony and saw this. Development!
Good to see the lakes and the greens. I hope when I visit again, they will be still there!




Look out of an opposite balcony and this what I saw earlier from the condo I visited.







Decided to go down and explore more clearly what was available downstairs for the residents.
Colourful playground for the children!!






The swimming pool that I saw from the top!
One of the exercise facilities available for the residents!






A barbeque hut, near the swimming and the children playground. What a nice setting for a family gathering or a party!




What about looking upwards and this was what I saw! I could have walked further away to take a better picture but it was hot so this will do!

No comments: