Wednesday, July 29, 2009

National Zoo (Kuala Lumpur) - 2 of 4

Monday, 27 July 2009

2nd of the 4 Postings on our visit to the National Zoo this day.

Bearded Pig



Indian Gaur


Malayan Sun Bear also known as Honey Bear


Brown Bear


Red-legged Pademelon



Javan Deer



Goat


Tortoise or Land Turtles


Python Curtus or Blood Python


Monocellate Cobra


Reinwardt's Flying Frog: Amazingly how the picture turned out to be, showing clearly the frog, which looked to me having the same green colour as the leave. I didn't see it until the caretaker highlighted to me. The caretaker happened to be be attending to the case and he stopped me from reaching my hand towards the frog. The caretaker said that the frogs (there were others) in the case and they don't react when he is attending to the case - very interesting - they know him. The caretaker said that the frog would jump away if I reached out towards him and would shoot poison from its skin if I touch it.


This fellow was not in the exhibition building. A visitor pointed to us its presence. It was hanging from the the roof outside a window of the building! This bat does not belong to the zoo. It is free to fly anywhere.


Watching the giraffes and the camel - aren't they funny? I love Anges' smile.

No comments: