Wednesday, July 29, 2009

National Zoo (Kuala Lumpur) - 1 of 4

Monday, 27 July 2009

This was the 1st part of birthday surprise for me - visiting the Zoo Negara (National Zoo). I love watching animals because they are unique and interesting. I am uploading the pictures in 4 postings. I don't know how to do slides. I prefer this way (even though it is slow) because next time I can look back and read what I have written w.r.t. the pictures.

Glad it was not a hot nor a wet day. The clouds was a blessing. Entrance fees was MR20 for adults. Zoo guide is MR2 if you want it.




We saved the Sentries' work in putting the wrist ticket-labels ourselves.


Looking at the Siamang (gibbon). Interestingly to learn that singing calms them. And that pairs sing in duet to mark their territory and their singing may last for 15 minutes! Their 'singing' was definitely loud.



The rabbits were feeding on kangkung. Poor rabbits - their furs did not look healthy to me.


The white-handed Gibbon


To see the Nile Hippopotamus. I just love them - they know how to pose for the camera!



At the aquarium section....... The fish is as big as Lyanne's arm!


Can't remember what they called it. I called it sucker fish because they sucks up the dirt in the fish tank.


Sea Shells!


Drawings on the wall - pretending you are at the seaside!



It is always fun to watch animals performing- clever seal.


Bees Section......... hives in a rope. The Label said these bees (Dorsata Cerana Trigone) are kept by ancient people who made artificial hives out of rope for the bees to live in.


And these Yellow Jackets (wasps) have the second deadly sting of all bees and the sting can cause heart attack.


Giant bee model

No comments: